Miroslav Klose has surpassed the record of Ronaldo – the phenomenon, to become the top scorer in the World Cup history. More meaningful, the 16th goal was scored in the game that Germany defeated Brazil 7-1, the home team of the legend Ronaldo.
The German manager Joachim Loew said: “That was a really meaningful goal for the whole team. A record that can only be beaten by Thomas Muller. He deserved that before he reached the age of 36 and still playing in the professional environment.
That was also the second goal of Klose in Brazil, after being substituted and scored against Ghana, to level off with Ronaldo
Let’s check all 16 moments that help Klose to become a part of the World Cup history:
1. Klose celebrated with his debut goal in the first World Cup playing against Saudi Arabia (2002)
2. His 2nd goal in the game
3. Klose finalized his hat-trick in the game and celebrated with a front-flip
4. His 4th goal was scored in a tie 1-1 against Ireland, all were scored with headings.
5.The 5th goal in the game against Cameroon. Five goals for the first time playing in World Cup has left people strong impression
6. In the next World Cup tournament which was hold in Germany (2006), he netted 5 goals and thereby receive the Golden Boots
7. The first two goals in this World Cup were scored against Costa Rica
8. Number 11 of Germany remained the good form with two other goals against Ecuador
9. Klose celebrated his 4th goal in World Cup 2006
10. The German striker scored an important goal to set a tie against Argentina and then won on a penalty kick-out.
11. Klose celebrated his 11th goal in a game against Australia in World Cup 2010
12. The next goal was in a game that Germany outperformed against England 4-1
13. At the age of 32, Klose contributed to the win 4-0 against Argentina which was managed by Maradona
14. The moment when Klose finalize the 4-0 win for Germany in the quarter final 2010
15. This goal leveled off himself with Ronaldo and it was in the tie 2-2 between Germany and Ghana (2014).
16. The moment that helped Klose become the legend of World Cup and this goal put on 2-0 for Germany against Brazil after 23 minutes playing.
World Cup 2014 was the last international tournament for Klose and it was a great gift for him as he and his teammate brought home the champion cup.